Anti-ragging website, Register ragging complaint online
The government launched an anti-ragging website helping students of universities, colleges and professional institutes lodge online complaints against ragging or harassment and seek faster response.
The portal www.antiragging.in launched by HRD minister Kapil Sibal is also expected to maintain a database of students and will be connected to most universities by year-end. Through this facility we want to ensure that culprits get strict punishment.”
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued for setting up of a Central Crisis Hotline and Anti-Ragging database.
In accordance with the orders, UGC (University Grants Commission), Govt. of India has developed this web portal.
Students can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This portal will contain
1. Affidavits confirmed by each student and his/her parents or guardians, which will then be stored electronically and will contain the details of each student.
2. Record of registered complaints received and the status of the action taken.
The aim of the portal is to eliminate ragging in all its forms from universities, deemed universities and other higher educational institutions in the country. This will be achieved by preventing its occurrence and punishing those who indulge in ragging, in accordance with the Supreme Court Regulations.
Students can also register their complaint by dialing 18001805522 as part of the facility, which will be followed up in a structured software system. “The complaints would be examined. If they are of serious magnitude, they would be transferred quickly to the police, the magistrate and head of the institution,” said UGC acting chairman .
Where Can I get Help?
1. I do not want you to feel that you are alone and help less. We are all with you.
2. Your Parents are there to help. Please do not feel that you will burden your parents. Talk to them freely and openly. If you are being ragged – it is not your fault. They understand that.
3. We, at the Ragging Prevention Program are ready to help. You can call us any time on 1800 180 5522. It is a free phone. You can also send us an E mail on email@example.com
4. Your College Administration is there to help – Please do not hesitate to ask for help. They will definitely help you. The local police and local administration is also there to help.
5. Any body can register a complaint of Ragging. It does not have to be only the victim. If you notice an incidence of Ragging you must inform the call centre. It is your duty to do so.
6. You can also register a complaint of Ragging – Anonymously. You must however avoid this option because without knowing details it becomes difficult for us to take any action. We can assure you of confidentiality.
7. For knowing the progress of your complaint you can log on to the Anti Ragging Portal: www.antiragging.in